Beginner Yoga Challenge: Warrior II
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits: Warrior II stimulates the abdominal organs and increases stamina. It relieves backaches and can be therapeutic for those with flat feet, infertility, and osteoporosis.
- Just like in Warrior I, start in mountain pose and slightly step apart so that your feet are roughly 4 feet apart.
- Raise your arms so that they are in line with your legs and parallel to the floor.
- Turn your left foot to the left by about 90 degrees and turn your right foot slightly to the right.
- Making sure your heels are aligned, reach out with your left leg so that the knee is centered above the ankle.
- Stretch your arms out as far as you can and open your shoulders.
- Look to your left, keeping your head in line with the left arm.
Modifications: For a deeper stretch in your arms and shoulders, turn the inner elbow creases and palms to the sky while you stretch your shoulder blades open.