Beginner Yoga Challenge:
Thread The Needle Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Thread The Needle Pose: This pose sends fresh blood to the upper half of your body and detoxifies your skin. It slightly compresses and works the muscles in the chest, which normally are neglected.
- Start in tabletop position with your hands and knees on the mat in line with your shoulders and hips.
- Move your right hand forward and outward a couple inches.
- Rotate your chest and look toward your right hand.
- Slowly lower your left arm to the floor and let the side of your skull rest there as well.
- Hold and breathe slowly to release any tension.
Modifications: For a deeper pose, cross your right arm over your lower back. Push your right palm into your upper left leg and hook your fingers around your inner thighs.