Beginner Yoga Challenge: Side Angle Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Side Angle Pose: Side angle pose stimulates the abdominal muscles and reduces constipation. Additionally, if you have a lower back ache, this pose will help.
- Start in mountain pose.
- Step right with your right foot and rotate it 90 degrees to the outside.
- Rotate your left foot 15 degrees to the right.
- Bend your right knee 90 degrees.
- Palms up, lift your arms to their sides.
- Bend at the torso to the right and make sure your right side faces your right thigh.
- Stretch your left arm up as high as it can go and your right arm as low as possible.
- Look toward the side wall.
Modifications: This pose can be strengthened if you pose with the lower arm in front of the bent knee.