Beginner Yoga Challenge: Shoulder Pressure Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Shoulder Pressure Pose: Tones the abdomen muscles, improves balance and strengthens the arms and wrists.
- Start with a wide-knee squat with your feet less than shoulders width apart.
- Move your torso slightly forward between your inner thighs.
- Keep your torso low and raise your hips until the thighs are almost parallel to the floor.
- Try to get your upper left arm and shoulder as much as possible under the back of your left thigh and just above the knee.
- Put your left hand just outside of your left foot on the floor.
- Do the same with the right, you will notice your back start to curve.
- Slowly shift the weight holding your body from your feet to your hands.
- Squeeze the outer arms with your thighs and cross your ankles.
- Look forward and hold for 30 seconds.
Modifications: If need be, you can use a block under your buttocks for added support.