Beginner Yoga Challenge: King Pigeon Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the King Pigeon Pose: This variation will energize the spine and can be therapeutic for those with asthma. It will help with back pain, fatigue, and menstrual discomfort.
- When you’re sitting on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you, bend your knees and put your feet on the floor.
- Slide your left foot under your right leg to side of your right hip.
- The right foot should go over the left leg to outside of your left hip.
- The right knee should point toward the ceiling.
- Twist toward the inside of the right thigh and press your hands against the floor to the outside of your body.
- Sit up straight and lengthen your torso.
Modifications: If it is difficult to get your torso against you inner thigh, retry this position when you’re arm’s length from a wall. Before twisting, press against the wall with your arms. Push your torso toward your knee.