Beginner Yoga Challenge: Half Moon Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Half Moon Pose: Stronger ankles, knees and lower body. This pose improves focus, balance, confidence and concentration.
- Start in a lunge with the left foot forward, take a deep breath and lean forward toward the left leg, placing your hands on the floor.
- Keeping it straight, lift your right leg behind you and try to make it parallel with the floor.
- Straighten your left leg.
- Lift your right arm toward the sky, perpendicular to the floor.
- Really open up your hips and shoulders so they’re facing the side wall.
- Look up at the sky.
Modifications: If need be, you can use a yoga brick under your left hand. If you can an advanced skill level, have the lower hand hover 1-2 inches above the floor and balance with the foot on the floor.