Easy Heron Pose
Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Easy Heron Pose: Heron stimulates the heart and abdominal organs as well as stretches the hamstrings.
- Sit up straight in Staff Pose.
- Bend your left knee back so that your shin is almost parallel with your body.
- Keep your right leg as straight as you can and begin lifting it toward the sky.
- Lean back slightly but keep your chest open and spine straight.
- Try to grasp the inside of your right leg with your left hand and the outside with your right.
Modifications: If you can’t keep your right leg straight, feel free to bend it as much you need. A stretch band can help you work your raised leg if you have trouble holding in this position. If you have knee problems, only bend your left leg to your comfort.