Feeling sluggish in the mornings? Maybe you don’t feel prepared for the day ahead, despite having what you might consider a good night’s sleep? Whatever is making you dread the AM, consider trying out morning detox rituals that could potentially transform your life. Resetting your frame of mind, losing weight and increasing energy levels are the results of a detox challenge, when practiced over time, of course.
If you’re not sure where to begin, let the following morning detox rituals become routine to nourish the body, mind and soul:
1. Wake at Sunrise – The early bird catches the worm, so they say. Rising at around 6:00 am will prevent a backflow of toxins, because your bladder and bowels will be ready for emptying at this hour.
2. Coconut Oil Pulling – Stinky morning breath can be banished if you swish natural coconut oil around the mouth for 5-20 minutes. It will also awaken the immune system.
3. Sun Salutations – Get your body moving soon after you wake by practicing a series of sun salutation poses, of which you can learn with a yoga teacher. Motion assists with organ detoxification.
4. Detox Breakfast – Consume detoxifying, organic ingredients to boost the metabolism and stop hunger cravings. Fruit, granola, wholegrain breads, nuts and quinoa are some filling, nutritious options.
5. Lemon Water – Wash down your breakfast with a warm, citrus glass of lemon water. Fresh lemon juice will get the digestive system working and will eradicate built-up toxins in a natural way.
6. Dry Brush – Slough off dry, dead skin cells and stimulate blood flow before hopping in the shower. Brush in the direction of your heart to encourage the circulation of lymph fluids.
7. Meditation – Before you set off to work or commence with the daily routine, clear the mind and ease stress with morning meditation. When you meditate, an inner feeling of peace and calm can be experienced, allowing you to prepare for a productive and easy-going day.