Hey there beloved reader, just a gentle heads up that this article contains an affiliate link, meaning Yoga Lifestyles will get a portion of any sales made from it, at no additional cost to you. We only publish content like this if we 100 percent believe the information serves you and aligns with our values. Plus it helps keep Yoga Lifestyle free for everyone. Win-win 🙂
Could anything be better than yoga teacher training in Costa Rica?
I’ve been to Costa Rica five times and let me tell you, I’m ready to go back immediately. If you like hot weather, jungles, wildlife, and beach vibes, then this is the place for you. I first went for my honeymoon over ten years ago and went back for fun a second time with some friends who were from there. I realized quickly that this fascination with visiting Costa Rica would get pretty expensive if I didn’t find a way to weave it into what I do for a living – teaching yoga. I’m happy to report I’ve found a way to do that and love teaching others how to do it too.
If you are seriously considering a yoga teacher training in Costa Rica, this article will help you to know if heading there for an intensive program is the right fit for you. Nowadays, there are many options and they run anywhere from 14 days to 9 months to complete a 200-hour teacher training program. It’s important to find the best option for your time and finances. Determining the person or people you want to train with is also a huge consideration.
My top 5 ways to know if yoga teacher training in Costa Rica is the perfect fit for you
- You love summer weather and spending time near water but also love the jungle and wildlife. If this sounds like you, there’s no shortage of any of this in Costa Rica. I make sure to give participants in my training one full day to take a break and explore local towns and beaches. This gives them the opportunity to zip-line, surf, shop, and really get to know the area. Look into different options and see if it ticks all the boxes for you. If you want to be by the beach, make sure you won’t be staying at a place up in the mountains because not all areas are easily accessible to the beach.
- You want to fully immerse yourself in the yogic way of life. With a destination training, you really get to deepen your practice and feel how living a yogic lifestyle can help you lead a more fulfilling and peaceful life. You get to step away from whoever you are at home and simply be a student for the length of the training. Make sure the training you are considering has a focus on living a yogic lifestyle because you want to learn how to live yoga off your mat and be able to teach others to do the same.
- You need “me” time. If you’ve been stuck in the rat race, in an unfulfilling job/relationship/lifestyle, have lost yourself or your purpose, time focusing solely on you can have a huge impact on the trajectory of your life. You may not even want to teach yoga but you know that by immersing yourself in 14 or more days of learning, growing, and expanding is just what the holistic doctor ordered.
- You have a busy schedule and know that a training that requires 6 months or more won’t work for you. You want to learn and absorb all you can. Returning home and implementing your new knowledge is how you can give back. Whether you sign up to deepen your own practice or to help give others the tools they need to change their lives, an intensive yoga teacher training in Costa Rica provides so much in such a short span of time.
- You want to experience a deep connection with a specific group of people, fueled by the same passion you are. During an intensive and immersive destination training, you will create bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime. You will share something life-changing with everyone who attends and will find lasting connections.
Are You Ready to Be a Teacher? Get $300 Off An Upcoming Teacher Training in Costa Rica!
If at least two of these resonated with you, start researching it. I always tell prospective students to listen to their intuition. If you sit on the fence too long, it’s easy to talk yourself out of it. The ego doesn’t want to get out of its comfort zone and certainly doesn’t want to be pushed towards growth. But your spirit does. Badly. So go practice yoga. Follow your asana practice with an intention-setting meditation and listen to what your spirit is trying to tell you.
If you’re ready to make the leap and become a teacher, we’ve got the inside scoop on an upcoming teacher training in Costa Rica starting January 13, lead by one of our regular contributors and author of this article, Crystal Grey as well as two other instructors! Just for being a loyal reader of Yoga Lifestyles, you’ll get $300 off the total cost using code YOGALIFESTYLES which includes:
- 200-hour certification (Yoga Alliance-approved)
- Daily yoga classes
- Study of Ayurveda, Chakras, Yogic Philosophy and meditation
- Gain a deep understanding of how to sequence, plan and teach classes
- Find ways to bring more of your personal style into your classes instead of being a cookie-cutter image of the lead teacher
- Learn how to teach different styles to different students depending on their needs/body types
- Continued support after the training via online practice teaching sessions for 5 months
- Get two 1:1 calls with lead instructor within 5 months of returning
- 17 night’s accommodation
- Clean, comfortable, air-conditioned rooms
- Included on-site gourmet meals, transportation, air-conditioned rooms, modern bathrooms
- Excursions like surfing, hiking, kayaking and horseback riding
- And more!
To get your $300 off, click the button below and use code: YOGALIFESTYLES