If there was a way to consume more fruits and vegetables for overall health, losing weight, detoxifying, and even healing, would you do it? Most likely, 90% of you reading this now will answer yes to the question! But surprisingly, most of us are already familiar with one method that can give us these health benefits – with the many benefits of juicing.
We overlook the benefits of juicing and skip drinking it every day because:
- We don’t have enough time to juice. Quite frankly, drinking juice out of a can or carton labeled “100% natural” is easier.
- There are plenty of other methods to detoxify, lose weight, and heal, not just juicing.
- Juicing machines can be hella expensive (here’s an awesome one we found for less than $50!)
All of these reasons are valid, but if you really dive into the topic deeper, you’ll see that the health benefits you can reap may just overweigh the excuses you have.
Surprising Benefits of Drinking Fresh Juice on the Daily
There are plenty of benefits to consuming fresh vegetable and fruit juices every day, for example, it helps with detoxification. We are all familiar with that, but here are a few health benefits that may just surprise you:
1. The Elixir of Youth
Ok, so this may be an over-exaggeration because fresh juice isn’t some magical potion you can drink to make yourself immortal. But, fresh juice from certain fruits and veggies can definitely be a good source of antioxidants that can fight free radicals in your body to slow down the aging process and fight stress.
According to NutritionFacts.Org, we need about 8000-11000 units of antioxidants per day. Based on the same article, we barely get 3000 units from 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. But when juicing steps in, we can easily reach the target units with a couple of glasses of fresh juice.
2. Your Gut’s BFF
Why don’t you give your gut a much-needed rest? Drinking fresh juice can do that for you. Because you are ingesting liquid, your gut has an easier time digesting whatever you consume. That’s less effort for your gut and more absorption for your body.
3. Cravings Blocker
We all know that juicing can help you lose weight but here’s what you may not know about this benefit:
Instead of literally shrinking your stomach, it can actually help curb your appetite. If you’re a comfort eater, drinking fresh juice may help you eliminate the bad habit.
4. Potion of Happiness
Have you ever noticed that people who drink fresh juice every day seem to be happier and more energetic? Drinking fresh juice has that effect. There are no definitive studies for this yet, but orange juice, for example, is associated with positivity, energy, and rejuvenation. So, it’s not just physical benefits you reap, it’s also emotional and psychological.
Before you head to the store to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies, there are a couple of other things I want to point out:
- Juicing is more beneficial if you pair it with a healthy diet. Adding a couple of glasses of vegetable juice to your menu doesn’t mean it’s OK to eat junk food every day.
- Live it up and mix it up. Fresh fruit juice is good but combining it with a whole slew of nuts, veggies, and other ingredients is even better. It tastes better too!
- Before purchasing a juicer, it’s important to do some research. Your budget, how much time you have for juicing, the types of juices you want to make, etc. will influence your decision.
Wrapping It Up
Consuming freshly pressed juice is an excellent way to improve your diet. Besides essential vitamins and minerals, it provides your body with age-fighting antioxidants and important phytonutrients that help keep you happy and healthy.