Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Warrior 1: This pose really stretches the muscles in your back, chest and shoulders. Your arms and legs should feel a little stretch as well.
- Start in mountain pose and slightly step apart so that your feet are roughly 4 feet apart.
- Raise your arms perpendicular to the floor and parallel to each other.
- Turn your left foot toward the right by 45 to 60 degrees.
- Turn your right foot to the right by about 90 degrees.
- Alight both of your heels and rotate your torso to the right.
- Bend your right knee over the right ankle so that your thigh is almost parallel to the floor.
- Reach your arms together and point toward the sky.
Modifications: It might be difficult to keep the back heel grounded. If it helps, you can place a small object under your heel. As you continue to stretch, ween yourself off of using an object to help you.