Performed by Marin Jayden
Benefits of the Splits: Relieves sciatica pain and strengthens the hamstrings, pelvic, and abdominal muscles.
- Starting in Downward Dog, step forward with the right foot between the hands.
- Lower the back knee to the floor, keeping it behind the hips.
- Your right toes should be flexed toward the sky.
- Open up your hamstrings and fully move into the stretch.
- Slide your right heel forwards until the back of your leg is fully on the ground.
- Have your legs hug the ground to deepen the stretch.
Modifications: It’s okay if you can’t do a full split. Stretch your hamstring as far as you can and start to fold forward from the waist. Feel the stretch in your hamstrings.